Two Salisbury University workers injured in fire in academic building

today12/21/2021 11

share close

SALISBURY, Md. (AP) — Maryland fire investigators say two Salisbury University workers were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in an academic building on campus.

WBOC-TV reports that the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office said the fire broke out around 11:30 a.m. Monday in the library of Blackwell Hall and it took firefighters about an hour to bring the blaze under control. Two employees were taken to a hospital for treatment of minor smoke inhalation. Officials say the fire caused an estimated $300,000 in damage to the structure and another $200,000 in damage to its contents.

Deputy state fire marshals ruled the fire accidental and determined it was caused by an electrical switch failure in the basement electrical room.


Source: AP – All contents copyright 2021 Associated Press.  All rights reserved.

Written by: Editor

Rate it

Previous post


Man charged with arson in fire that injured 2 firefighters

SNOW HILL, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a Maryland man has been arrested on arson charges stemming from a house fire that injured two firefighters in June. The Worcester County fire marshal’s office said in a news release that 56-year-old John Edward Cropper was arrested Friday on charges of first-degree arson, second-degree arson and malicious burning. The Salisbury Daily Times reports that the early-morning fire on June 22 destroyed a […]

today12/20/2021 10